Tuesday, October 28, 2008

8 Years...Good Times and Bad

Oct 28, 2000 was awhile ago, but it was a good day.  I married my soul mate.  Don't get me wrong it hasn't been all cake and ice cream, but we have conquered a lot of uphill battles and our marriage has become stronger with each battle.  I am very truly lucky to have found Paul and I do hope he feels the same way.  It has been 8 years and 2 kids and a dog later.

Now back to the crazy day we have had.  I kept the boys really busy today.  We went to the rec center to play indoors...it started a little sketchy with Kai laying in the entryway to he rec center bawling that he wanted to go home.  My God it was like someone was making him go to the doctor or something.  I managed to get him into the gym to check it out.  Both boys ended up loving it and it was great to see them interact with different children.  We will do that again.  The bad thing about not having daycare is I tend to bake a lot.  Poor Spinutech guys might gain a couple of pounds during the next couple of weeks...oh and they tend to be my test subjects on new recipes.  I made peanut butter blossoms, but put on Hershey's candy corn kiss on top.  I guess they turned out really good.  So, that means we had to drop off a batch of cookies to daddy's work and they got to run around the office for awhile.  Then off to the library.  The boys loved the bunny and fish.  Man, we did a lot today and everyone is tired.  

The sad thing we had to do tonight was say goodbye to a great guy.  We had the visitation for 
Bob Plum tonight.  We are so going to miss this man.  He was larger then life and a great sense of humor.  The only good thing about tonight is the boys got to see Deb.  We will miss Bob and be thankful for knowing him.

Ok...pictures...this bottle of wine and glass were a surprise from the couple across the street.  They are so nice to have done this for us.
These are the cookies that I made...Thank you Liz Markey for the idea and recipe
If you were at our wedding 8 years ago you will understand the cookie, but if not...I don't like cake, so we didn't have a wedding cake, but we got these big cookies and now it is kind of a tradition that we get one each year.  




No comments: